Turtle Pincushion Free Sewing Pattern:
There are compartments to keep scissors, thread, and some sewing needles in a proper place. It even has a pair of needle finding flippers. You can also sew this as a soft toy or plush toy for kids, but you may want to replace the beaded eyes to embroidery eye for safety purpose. It can even be a fridge magnet to decorate your dining area, get a strong magnet for the body. Sew it for yourself or as a gift, I am sure you are going to have fun.
Mini Turtle Pincushion (4″)
- Fabric W (shells) – Cotton 8″ x 6″
- Fabric X (body) – Felt 4″ x 7″
- Fabric Y (Hexagons) – Cotton 4″ x 8″
- Fabric Z (center Hexagons) – Cotton 2″ x 4″
- Batting (5mm loft) or poly-sponge – 4.5″ x 3.5″
- Poly-fill – A handful
- 3mm black color beads x 2
- Needle and matching color threads
- Cardboard 3.5″ x 3.5″
COMBO Pincushion With Storage Compartment (8″)
- The material is similar to the felt version, except:
- Enlarge the pattern to 200%, and hence the material for this combo version
- Change the felt material to cotton fabric.
- Seam allowance is 10mm or 3/8″ for all patterns excluding batting
- 1/2″ diameter magnet, 3 pcs. 2 for flippers and 1 for body
- 5mm dia. black beads, 2 pcs. (for eyes)
- Short length of elastic band, 1′.
- Buttons, 3/8″ diameter, 4 pcs.
- Felt for scissor and needle compartment
- Bean for stuffing (optional)
Take a look at these 125+ FREE Pincushion Patterns, too