DIY Dog Coat FREE Sewing Tutorial:
Sew a cute coat to keep your fur baby warm no matter the season! This free sewing tutorial for a dog coat would also work for a cat, rabbit, pig, whoever keeps you company.
What you'll need:
- a piece of batting or scrap fabric large enough to drape over your dog as seen above
- plaid flannel or other fabric for the top (exterior) part of the coat
- cotton or polyester batting for the inside of the coat
- fabric for the lining of the coat
- 2 1/2’’ wide bias binding. Bias binding is used instead of straight cut binding, to help it lay smoothly around all the curves.
- hook and loop tape for the closure, a.k.a. – velcro
- matching thread, a safety pin, scissors, sharpie marker, and a sewing machine
You might want to check this Lined Dog Jacket from Recycled Denim and a Scarf.