DIY Dog Coat FREE Sewing Tutorial:
Sew a cute coat to keep your fur baby warm no matter the season! This free sewing tutorial for a dog coat would also work for a cat, rabbit, pig, whoever keeps you company.
What you'll need:
- a piece of batting or scrap fabric large enough to drape over your dog as seen above
- plaid flannel or other fabric for the top (exterior) part of the coat
- cotton or polyester batting for the inside of the coat
- fabric for the lining of the coat
- 2 1/2’’ wide bias binding. Bias binding is used instead of straight cut binding, to help it lay smoothly around all the curves.
- hook and loop tape for the closure, a.k.a. – velcro
- matching thread, a safety pin, scissors, sharpie marker, and a sewing machine
You might want to check this Lined Dog Jacket from Recycled Denim and a Scarf.
Your old guy looks like he loves it as
much as mine will.
Thank you so much for the cute design doggie coat pattern and instructions. My sweet Gracie doesn’t like her raincoat so this cute coat will be more to her liking…and mine. I can’t wait to get started!