For those who love to make toy softies, this project is a must-have. Create this adorable chicken softie with this FREE Pattern and Tutorial for your little ones or as a gift for your loved ones. Select your own favorite fabrics to create a unique chicken softie. Happy sewing!
Fabric sizes are approximate. If you are new to sewing, you may want to use larger pieces to make turning curves easier.
- body fabric – 10”x20”
- beak fabric – small scrap, 5”x3”
- wing fabric – either 7”x24” or 14”x12”
- crown fabric – small scrap, 5”x8”
- feet fabric – 4”x10”
- coordinating spool of thread
- polyester or wool toyfill
- 4 small buttons, safety eyes or felt
- embellishments [optional] TOOLS
- small hand-sewing needle
- pinking shears [optional]
- lacquered chopstick or turning tool
- fabric pins
- hera marker or fabric pen
Take a look at this Flora the Elephant Softie, too!