This cosmetic accessories bag fits the bill because you can stuff it into a carry-on bag and it will not take up much room.
Hand sewing the drop-in lining takes a bit more time, but the results are worth the effort.
What you'll need:
- 22″ zippers
- 1/4 yard for inside of the bag (or a 2nd Fat Quarter)
- 15″ plastic zipper or longer.
- 1/4 yard for outside of the bag (Fat Quarters work well).
- A new hand sewing needle for attaching the lining to the zipper tape
- Thimble for pushing the needle through the zipper tap
Check out this Multi-Functional Bag Organizer, too!