DIY Dog Harness FREE Sewing Pattern and Tutorial
This is a dog harness, though you could just as easily use it for a cat (do cat’s even allow this?) if you would like. You may find you need to extend one part, and cut down on another to best fit your pet’s needs because as we humans know, bodies come in all shapes and sizes. The harness is quilted with a layer of Flexfoam which is sturdy and holds up well compared to batting. It uses large Velcro closures at the neck and belly.
What you'll need:
- a cut of your favorite Liberty (one fat quarter for Small and Medium, half yard for Large and XLarge)
- a cut of a coordinating solid for the underside and bias binding (half yard for Small and Medium, one yard for Large and XLarge)
- Pellon 2 sided Fusible Flexfoam (half yard for Small and Medium, one yard for L and XLarge)
- Velcro. DO NOT PURCHASE ADHESIVE VELCRO.
- a D ring (3/4-1″)
- Coordinating thread for quilting and topstitching
You might want to check this Water-Resistant Dog Coats FREE Sewing Pattern and Tutorial.