Zipper pouches can be used to store and organize all sorts of items. They are quick and easy to sew and make great gifts for your friends – or even yourself! This embellished zipper pouch is made using burlap and features faux piping, and a small embellished section on the front that is the perfect way to dress up a plain zipper pouch. These embellishing techniques are so simple even beginner sewers will find them easy.
What you'll need:
- Nylon zipper – 9″ or longer
- Lining – one piece 8-1/2″ x 4″ and one piece 8-1/2″ x 6-1/2″
- Fabric for faux piping – one piece 1″ x 4″
- Coordinating fabric – one piece 2-3/4″ x 4″
- Burlap – one piece 6-1/4″ x 4″ and one piece 8-1/2″ x 6-1/2″
- Fabric for zipper tabs – 2 pieces 1-1/2″ square
- Fabric scraps
- Medium-weight fusible interfacing – one piece 8-1/2″ x 4″ and one piece 8-1/2″ x 6-1/2″
- Hand embroidery needle and thread, large bead
- Basic sewing supplies, e.g. scissors, seam ripper
For a Scrappy Fabric Strip Zipper Pouch, Check it HERE.