Padded hangers are excellent for maintaining the shape of delicate garments. Though store-bought versions are readily available, durable ones can be difficult to find, and the choices of fabrics and colors are limited. The hangers pictured here are attractive enough to give as gifts and are quite simple to make. Use good-quality wooden hangers as a base; look for ones with moveable, sturdy hooks.
- Cotton-poly batting or thin foam rubber
- Wooden hangers
- Soft tape measure
- Awl (optional)
- Staple gun
- Needle and thread
- Thin cardboard or paper (for template)
- Round object (for tracing curve on template)
- Fabric (1 yard of 45-inch fabric will make approximately 8 hangers)
- Sewing machine
- Pinking shears
- 5/8-inch ribbon (3/4 yard for each hanger)
- Small buttons with shank (optional)
You might want to check out this Secret Hanger FREE Pattern and Tutorial.