New York Beauty Block Quilt FREE Pattern
Here is a simple, free New York Beauty pattern for all of you beginners to try. This block is 8″ x 8″ finished and will fit together beautifully with all the other blocks in the series. The center and middle arcs of all of the New York Beauty patterns match up to form perfect outer and inner circles. Make a quilt of all the same block or use several different blocks in the series for a quilt of great visual interest.
What you'll need:
- Foundation paper
- One 8” x 10” rectangle of background fabric for Pieces 1, 5 and 6
- One 6” x 2¾” rectangle batik fabric or normal quilting cotton for Piece 2
- One 4” x 12” strip batik fabric or one 4” x 18” strip normal quilting cotton for Piece 3, odd numbered segments
- One 4” x 9” strip batik fabric or one 4” x 15” strip normal quilting cotton for Piece 3, even numbered
- One 12” x 3¾” rectangle batik fabric or normal quilting cotton for Piece 4
You might want to check this Butterfly Charm Blocks FREE Pattern.