Sew up a beautiful hobo bag with this easy sewing tutorial and a free pattern. This bag is approximately 8’’ tall, 12’’ wide, and 4 1/2’’ deep (not including the strap). With a nice wide handbag zipper at the top, and pleats at the bottom to help give it that relaxed slouchy shape.
- 1/2 yard home decor weight fabric for the exterior
- 1/2 yard fabric for the lining/interior (quilting cotton, linen, or other light to medium weight fabric suggested)
- 1 yard medium weight fusible interfacing (such as Pellon SF101)
- 1 handbag zipper, 16’’ long (or longer)
- 2 D-rings 1 1/2’’ wide
- 1 regular zipper 8’’ long (or longer) for the interior pocket (optional)
- 1 D-ring 3/8’’ wide or small swivel clip for the key clip (optional)
- fabric marking pen, pencil, or chalk
- Wonder clips (optional but very helpful)
Take a look at this Fabric and Leather Handbag from So Sew Easy.